Monday, June 26, 2017


Visiting Old town Montevideo

Playing a little basketball for p-day. President Eddy's son joined in.
It has been a very interesting winter week down here in Uruguay. It was freezing just a few days ago, and then today it was really warm outside. One day I walk out with a scarf and gloves, and the next day I get a sunburn with a short sleeve shirt on! It is crazy! 
This last week I went down to Ciudad Vieja and I became a legal resident in Uruguay! That makes me wonder what I have been for the past 21 months. Haha

Elder Childs and I are doing great. We are working hard. This last week we had a few exchanges with some of the other missionaries in the zone. I went with one of my good friends Elder Manzanares and we had a great time. We found lots of promising people and the lessons we were able to have went really well. Everything seemed to work out, and it was a great opportunity to work with a good friend of mine. We have been in the same zone for like 7 months now, and that was the first time that we had worked together.

On Sunday night, we had an activity called “This is why I believe” where the recent converts got to share their testimonies and their conversion stories. It was awesome to see how the Lord was preparing those people to be baptized and helping them get where they are. One of the converts that spoke had been baptized on Saturday and then confirmed on the Sunday of the activity. He did great! Haha. Talk about hitting the ground running.

I am having a blast! I hope that you all have a great week!
-Elder Vanderlinden
MVD Uruguay

Quote of the week: “I´ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I´ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that’s why I succeed.”-Michael Jordan





No comments:

Post a Comment