Monday, June 12, 2017

Living the good life!

Re piola!
This last week flew by in the blink of an eye. It was full of ups and downs. We were able to find a few new promising people, but we had to let go a few people that weren’t progressing. We had one day in specific where almost all of our charlas fell through. We were trying to keep our hopes up and we decided to knock on one last door and make one last effort to end off the night. We found a very bitter man who didn’t want ANYTHING to do with us, and he made sure we knew it. I shared my testimony with him, politely and patiently thanked him for his time, and left. That experience made me think a lot. It made me grateful for the testimony of the gospel that I have, because I am constantly reminded of how a life without the knowledge of the gospel would be. 

Another thing that happened this last week is that we started a contact with a 19 year old kid who was really nice. He explained that his family is from Brazil and he wants to move back there to play professional soccer. We started talking with him about religion and we started to explain the Book of Mormon. I pulled out my Book of Mormon to show him a copy of the Book. I was shocked to see that I was holding a Portuguese Book of Mormon. I hadn’t even noticed that I wasn’t carrying a Spanish one. It seemed like it was meant just for him and his family. It was a very cool experience! He gratefully accepted the copy and took it home with him.

Have a great week everyone!
-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week:
"If you’re going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now.”

-Osmond

No comments:

Post a Comment