Tuesday, April 18, 2017


Marcia, Mery, and Emily are baptized!
Easter dinner with President and Hermana Eddy!
¡Marcia, Mery, Emily se bautizaron! 

I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. This last Easter weekend was pretty unforgettable for me. On Saturday, Marcia and two of her daughters got baptized, and on Sunday they got confirmed. It was a great experience! I was thrilled to be able to get in the water with them and help them make such an important promise with the Lord. A lot of the ward members came to support the baptism, which made it even more special for them. 

This Easter weekend has been a great chance to learn more about the the Atonement and the Resurrection. It has helped me remember the real meaning of Easter and the reliance of the Savior in my life.

On Sunday night three other missionaries and I were invited to go have Easter Dinner with President, his family, and his parents that are in town visiting. Elder Peterson and I helped hide some Easter candy in the house for the kids to look for. The Dinner was incredible!!! The food was super tasty! We even ate a chocolate cake with toffee heath bar on top for dessert. Then, I was able to share a spiritual experience with everyone, my companion played a song on the piano, the AP’s gave an Easter message, and President Eddy shared a very special message with us missionaries…. and it totally capped off a great night. I felt like I was on cloud nine!

Yesterday, we had a leaders meeting, and it was another great chance to hear from our mission President. We studied and discussed "The Living Christ" as a group. I would recommend that you all read and study it. 

There is a lot going on in our mission, and we have made a bunch of progress from where we started. Uruguay is being blessed, and I am grateful to be here while it is happening! 

I am doing great, and having fun!
I hope that you all have  a great week!
-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week: "There are lives to brighten. There are hearts to touch. There are souls to save."-Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment