Monday, March 13, 2017



Our Church! Not too shabby.
It's too dangerous to take our camera out on the streets,
so we will just take photos at the church. Haha
This last photo is videos con taco...or pasta with sauce. I tried to take it in a way that you could see just how much oil they use. Even this photo doesn't do it justice.


Casate vos. 
This week went by really quick....
We have been working a lot to help people get married. That is a huge battle in this country, because the legal marriage process takes a decent amount of time....and most people aren’t willing to even leave their houses for "a piece of paper that says they are married.” We normally explain to them the weight of the sin they are committing, and then they are like "Oh man! I am a sinner! I need to get married right now! My salvation is at stake!"....and then they just sit in their houses and forget about it. It is a time consuming process. Haha. However, Elder Peterson and I are working with some good investigators who just need to get married, and then they are ready to jump into the water.

This week we were visiting a member, and we were talking about the mission work and then he interrupted us and was like "I don`t know why, but I am going to give you guys the reference of a complete family that I love, and I think could receive the gospel."....he totally took us by surprise, and my comp and I stared at each other in shock, because the whole mission and ward members had dedicated a fast to find people that were ready to receive the gospel.  Just that morning my comp and I were saying that one of the goals we had was to find a complete family. We asked him why he felt like he needed to give us the reference, and he said. "I just felt like I had to do it."  So we are excited to see what happens.
     
Also this week Elder Peterson and I were in charge of the Zone training, and it went really well. It was a great opportunity to learn together as a group.
I am doing great! I hope you all have a good week.

-Elder Vanderlinden


Quote of the week:  “When you drink water, don`t forget the well where it came from." -Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment