Monday, January 23, 2017


President Eddy and his family at Christmas time.
Sorry, forgot to post this!
Hola!
I hope that everyone is enjoying the freezing cold in Utah! I am doing great here! It turns out, that the sombrero that I have been wearing is like putting an oven over my head. I am pretty sure I cooked my brain in the sun. This week was so HOT! The people said it was 104 degrees....and with the humidity....it was even toastier. Haha.

I got a new companion named Elder Campos from Peru. We are getting along really well, and working really hard. In just a few days we have already found quite a few new investigators. We are really trying to speak with everyone, and share our testimonies of what we know to be true with as many people as we can.

Yesterday, we were walking around knocking doors, and nobody wanted to listen. We kept walking, and kept knocking. People were rejecting us all over the place. We were both pretty tired and about to give up. We stopped a woman to talk, and she rejected us quite unkindly.....I asked her if she knew anyone that would be willing to receive us and she said "Nobody on this street will receive you. You can knock their doors, but they don`t want to talk to you. Nobody on this street is interested! ”...(Rude, right?).. It was obvious that the adversary didn`t want us to find someone on that street, someone who was prepared to receive the gospel. Instead of giving up, we talked with the next woman that we saw. We sat down and taught her about the plan of salvation. It was a wonderful lesson that helped her cope with the death of her mother. We both walked away from the lesson feeling amazing! We were so happy that we didn`t give up, especially when the adversary was throwing everything he had at us. 

Have a great week everyone. Remember that good things come to those who work.

Quote of the week:
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.” -Hugh Downs

-Elder Vanderlinden


I forgot the quote from last week!!!
I know for sure what we dwell on is who we become. 

-Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment