Monday, January 30, 2017



All the Leaders (minus two) who got to meet with the Apostle, Elder Stevenson.

Mucho gusto,

This last week I had the opportunity to meet the Apostle, Elder Stevenson. It was an amazing experience to listen to him teach and testify. We weren`t a very large group of missionaries, so he came down from the stand to teach and practice with us. He is an inspired man. Let me tell you all, you feel something different when you shake the hand and look in the eyes of an Apostle. What a wonderful experience!

My companion and I had a great week. All of our contacts started to pay off. On Friday, we passed by a bunch of futures, and they let us teach them!!!! Haha. It is difficult to not act surprised when someone invites you into their house. We act all calm like we are used to it, but inside you want to jump in the air and do a fist pump. 

This last week my companion and I made a contact with a man who started going crazy about how the churches take your money and how all of the preachers rob from the poor, and how the Catholic church is soo corrupt and how it is a corrupt organization and a bunch of other stuff. (He just started bashing on the Catholic church)....We were just standing there awkwardly and we asked him "Do you go to a church?" and he paused and said "Uhh..yeah...I go to the Catholic church"....Hahaha.


I am doing great. Elder Campos and I are having fun. We are talking with a ton of people, and we are knocking a lot of doors. It makes for fun times and funny experiences.

-Elder Vanderlinden


Quote of the week “No water can swallow the ship where lies the Master of ocean and earth and skies.” Hymn 105

No comments:

Post a Comment