Monday, January 2, 2017



 Asado 

New Years 

Yolanda's baptism

Happy New Year!!! 
This past week was an interesting way to end off 2016! To celebrate New Years, my companion and I invited the other missionaries over to our house, and we had an "Asado". It was a huge BBQ. The portions were massive. I thought it was a little ironic to be fanning the fire with a "word of wisdom" phamplet. Haha. Then at midnight, we got up on the roof and watched the fireworks. It was great. Unfortunately, the Elders we invited stayed the night, and we all jammed into the same room, because there was only one fan.....I literally melted the entire night. It was like 90 degrees and humid, in a room with 6 elders. Haha.

This week I have been thinking about the New Year, and the importance of fresh starts. Many times, people wait until specific dates to start making the changes in their lives. I admit, sometimes I do it too. However, we should start over everyday, and we can, that is why the gospel is so amazing! 

Yesterday we had a baptism, and it went awesome. Yolanda was baptized! It has been a very long process to teach her. She was an athiest from Jewish heritige.....but now she is Mormon! Yipee! Her husband was re-activated, and he baptized her. It was interesting to teach someone that shares practically none of the same beliefs. It was a great opportunity to see how the knowledge of our Heavenly Father, his son Jesus Christ, and prayer can change the life of even the hardest of hearts.

I hope that you all enjoyed your New Years, and that you are loving life. I am doing great. Enjoy the snow. Seriously...Enjoy it!

-Elder Vanderlinden
"The past is to be learned from but not lived in." -Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment