Monday, January 9, 2017






Leaving on our missions 
One year and four months later.

Menos Sal, Mas Vida 

Hello everyone! I hope that you are all doing great, and that you are enjoying 2017. This past week was a little bit difficult as far as the work goes down here in Uruguay. Everyone here lives and works in a rhythm, and the holidays kind of threw everyone off their rhythm. Haha

This week I had a inter-change with Elder Sarkady. It was tons of fun. I met Elder Sarkady 1 year and 4 months ago in the Salt Lake Airport. (See photo above) It was good to look back on the past and realize how much both of us have changed. For example, I have gained like 10 pounds! Haha. It was interesting to reflect on where we started, and where we are now. 

This week we did a lot of walking....a lot. A lot of our set lessons fell through, which gave us time to make contacts in the street, however, nobody was in the street because it was like 100 degrees, which made things a little more difficult. I am sure that the work will start picking up this next week. 

Yesterday, Yolanda got confirmed as a member of the church. It was a great experience, and I am grateful to have been able to play a part in her conversion.

Funny story from yesterday....

Yesterday, we were eating lunch with a very old man in the ward. He gave us raviolis, with butter. My noodles had an unbelievable amount of butter on them......so I thought I would toss a little salt on my noodles to make them taste better. I delicately shook the salt out, because I noticed that the salt came out super quick. The old man noticed I was putting salt on the food, and he thought I was having trouble, because I was putting it on super cautiously.. He grabbed the salt shaker from my hand and shook it super violently and dumped salt all over my noodles..."There ya go!" he said....
I barely noticed the Noodles in my plate of pure Salt and Butter. Eww
I am pretty sure I have a ton of health problems now. Haha

Have a great week,
-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week:
"Those who wish to sing, always find a song."

No comments:

Post a Comment