Tuesday, February 7, 2017


Just playing a little hoop on p-day with my Steph Curry socks on.....of course!


¡Che, anda a echarte!

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all doing well. The weather this last week in Uruguay was pretty darn crazy. One minute it would be pouring rain and then it would stop and the sun would come out and then it was instantly super hot. Haha. Yesterday there was a pretty crazy storm, and the wind was blowing really hard. The wind ripped a bunch of huge branches down along with some electrical cords in the street. Unfortunately, most of our plans fell through, so we were walking around during the storm....and it turns out that my jacket isn't as waterproof as it says it is. Haha. We got destroyed by the storm. Luckily I didn't get clubbed in the head by a falling tree branch....one clubbed me in the leg pretty bad though. It felt like somebody had shot a paintball gun at the back of my leg. Haha

Other than that, our area is doing really well. We were waiting for quite a few investigators at church this week, but unfortunately none of them showed up...but there is always next week!!!

On a good note, we found a young single mom walking with her kids in the street. She was extremely nice to us, and we passed by yesterday to teach her. She was super receptive and accept the message. She also commented that she has seen us before and she has been wanting to talk to us for a while now!! That doesn't happen very often!! To make things better, we invited her to be baptized and she said, "Yes!" After all of the rejection that we have been receiving, it was nice to find somebody prepared. I think that every time somebody wants to argue, or yell at me about "Donald Trump" or drag me over the coals, it is because the Lord is testing my patience, and testing to see if I am ready to receive the people he is preparing. Have a great week everyone!

-Elder Vanderlinden
"In any situation, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."  -Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment