Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Uruguay Montevideo Mission
(Sorry, this is the best photo we had. I am under the sun:)

Va pa alli.
Hello everyone, I hope that you are all doing well. I am…..hot. I am also doing well! This past week was pretty crazy. My companion has been having some bad knee problems, so we went to the hospital to get a MRI on his knee and ended up getting home at 1 in the morning....then, yesterday we had to travel to the hospital and take the results to the doctor. I think they are going to give me a gold membership to the waiting room because I am there so much. Haha.

This last week we did a few changes with some of the other missionaries. It is always a great opportunity to get to know another missionary, and to see how they work. This last week our progressing investigator Rosario accepted a baptismal date! She finally opened up!!! My companion and I are really excited. She has changed a lot. I remember the first time we went to visit her, and she said that she didn`t want us to ask her any questions. She wanted us to teach, and she would listen....nothing else. It is amazing to see the change that the gospel can make in the lives of the people. She was always filled with a lot of doubts, and questions, and the gospel of Jesus Christ is helping her find all of the answers.

Also this week, one of our awesome investigators named Paolo took us behind his house to show us.....that he is growing weed....not awesome. Haha. That is going to be a problem. I am doing great, and having tons of fun. I am going to be staying here with my current companion for another change, and I am excited to see what we can do! 
Have a great week everyone!
-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week:
"Never assume that you can make it alone. You need the help of the Lord. Never hesitate to get on your knees in some private place and speak with Him.”

-Bonnie D. Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment