Monday, December 12, 2016

Preaching the good word!

¿El Espíritu de Navidad? 

This last week has been full of changes! On Wednesday, my comp and I traveled to the station to help with transfers and to help the new missionaries get to their areas. It was lots of fun to see a bunch of my buds, but it was kind of chaotic with so many missionaries. It was really easy to see which ones were new to the mission....because their eyes looked huge as they were looking around staring at everything for the first time. Haha. Then, on Friday, we had a ward Christmas party. It was a huge success. One of our investigators brought a lot of her non member friends and relatives, and our other investigators were there as well. The ward sang some Christmas songs and the youth did a little skit, and the primary did some songs and a nativity scene. It was fun! Then, on Saturday and Sunday, we had Stake Conference. On Saturday there was a meeting for the Priesthood leaders. The Stake President invited my comp and I, and it was a great experience. However, while he was talking, he said, "And here we have the Missionary Zone Leaders, Elders, what does section 4 of D&C say?”……yeah...he killed us with that one. We were not prepared....after a short silence we muttered words like “faith….uhh...charity....." The Stake President finished the scripture for us. After our district office missionary was like "Hey, what's D&C 4? duhhhhhh...nice work" Hahaha. 
Looks like I need to do a little bit more memorizing. 

The Saturday night and the Sunday sessions were awesome. One talk that I really liked was about how we need to learn to be self-sufficient, not just temporally, but also spiritually. It made me reflect on how we need to be self sufficient, yet how we also need to completely depend on our Heavenly Father at the same time.

Also this week, we taught the word of wisdom to Paolo...He was like "That is hard, because I drink tea, coffee, alcohol, and I smoke weed..." My comp and I were like....woah...you are literally doing the opposite of everything. However, he said he is going to change!

I am doing great! I’m to get in the Christmas spirit even with the heat….….I’m trying.
Love you all!
-Elder Vanderlinden


Quote of the week "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” -Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment