Monday, December 19, 2016


Service project: Cutting down someone's jungle/ lawn



Making Chileno Completos with a member



Feliz Navidad!

First off, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! This past week has been full of fun! My companion and I planned a Zone Conference training, and it went really well! We got to know the missionaries in the Zone a little more, and it was a great way to start off the change. We were playing a game, asking questions to get to know each other, and the question for one of the Elders was, "What is your favorite food from Uruguay" or something like that. We were all spitting out answers, and joking around. Meanwhile, there was a member setting up stuff for a Christmas concert in the background. Just so you all know, here in Uruguay they pour a looootttt of oil on pretty much every food. So, I yelled out "Oil!"...Everyone went super quiet, when we realized that there was a Uruguayan in the room....what a awkward situation. This week I have just been kind of saying everything that comes to my mind, out loud. Another example is that we made a contact, and the lady didn`t want to talk to us and said "I out of here." and I without thinking  spurted out "We are out of here!" and turned around and started walking.....I was like whhyyyy did I just say that! Haha. 

Yesterday we had a Christmas concert in the Stake Center. It is a super big deal, and members from all over come to watch. They had a huge light and sound system set up. It looked more like a game show. Haha. It was tons of fun. However, it was kind of weird. There were a lot of non-members...haha. I hope they don`t think that Church is always like that. If so they are going to stand up during a talk and start dancing and clapping. Haha.

Anyways, I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season! I also hope that you can remember the true meaning of Christmas. I love you all!
-Elder Vanderlinden

Oh yeah...our investigators are doing good.

Quote of the week:  "In three words I can sum up everything I`ve learned about life; It goes on."  -Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment