Monday, May 2, 2016

My zone leader playing the guitar and me drinking Mate'(not really) and playing the gourd.

Something that you see often in Uruguay!



Puertas....y mas puertas
Hello everyone! I hope that you all had a great week. This week was busy, as always. We knocked a lot of doors. I actually like knocking doors. It is always interesting to talk to a ton of different people, and hear all of their funny excuses. However, every once in awhile, it pays off. We found a younger family and the husband is really receptive. We are gonna pass by later this week, and I will let you know if anything happens. 

Also this week. My companion and I played the Bishop in Chess. The Bishop of our ward plays chess at a professional level. Haha. He has studied chess for many years, and he even wrote a book about chess. Sooo, we decided to challenge him to a match. The Bishop played against five of us at the same time, walking down a long table, and making a move on each board. He embarrassed each one of us, multiple times!!! After he won, he would explain why he won, and what we could have done, and why he still would have won. Very humble of him. Haha.

Other than that, it is starting to get really cold here. The weather is changing really drastically because of the tornado a little while ago....or so the people say. There is a rumor that it might snow in July, which is completely unheard of here. Nobody knows what the snow is like. This last week one day would be really hot, and the next day, cold. It is a humid cold, and the wind is always blowing, so it feels colder than it actually is. Not to mention, our house is a cement box. I don´t really mind it, because I always stay bundled up. But it is kinda funny to be able to see your breath inside of your house. Haha

I hope you all have a great week!
-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week- ¨Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.¨

No comments:

Post a Comment