Monday, April 25, 2016

Me and President Cook
Missionary Food Inventions! Bell peppers stuffed with cheese, fried onions, and bacon. Then you put the whole thing on a Sausage patty, top it with sauces and buns and eat it like a giant hamburger. Super healthy!





¡Ala la maura!

I hope that everyone is having a good week. This week was pretty eventful for me. First off, it has been raining close to every day, I mean really raining. There was a tornado last week, and the wind levels have been really high. Melo was on Red alert for the tornado, which scared all of the people. No need to worry though, the alert eventually went away. However, we have had some crazy storms!

This week we had a zone conference, which included interviews with our mission President. It was great to talk to him. It was my last interview with him, and my next interview will be with a new mission President. The night before the conference, the AP called me, and asked if he could work with me. So, after we had the conference, I went on splits with the AP. It was an amazing opportunity to work with him, and he taught me a lot. 

This week we have been knocking doors like crazy. I am starting to like the door contacts a lot. While making contacts, we walked past a soccer field full of teens playing soccer in the mud. The field was completely torn up, and they were running and sliding in the mud. They yelled to us, and said they needed two more players. Within seconds, my companion and I were running around on this trashed field, trying not to slip, in our dress shoes and white shirts. Haha. It was tons of fun. One time, I juggled the ball, and passed it to the center for a goal. When I juggled the ball and made the pass, everyone was a little stunned, including me. It was super funny!

This week was great, and it keeps getting better. I hope that all of you are having fun! I love you all!
-Elder Vanderlinden




Quote of the week ¨For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ...for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth.¨¨ Romans 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment