Monday, May 16, 2016

My last Bishop and his wife. He is the professional chess player,
the one who destroyed me and the other Elders!
¿Que Comiste?
First off, I am in Las Piedras! My companion`s name is Elder Montiel and he is from Argentina. He has the same exact time in the mission as me, so we are a pretty young companionship. We are getting along really well. My new area is super sweet...and super huge! We can walk, forever. We have a few investigators, and we had three yesterday at Church. I don`t know that much about the investigators yet, except that a few of them are waiting on their marriage papers, and then they are ready to get baptized!

Also this week, we have been waking up at like 5:45, walking over to the church, and playing soccer in the mornings. It is super hard to get up that early, but I am enjoying the exercise. I am getting a lot better at soccer, however, we played with the priesthood group, and I got humbled, again! Haha. I will be playing a lot of soccer, because my companion loves it. 

This week I tried some interesting foods. The first one, is that I ate Ostrich.....it was actually really good. It wasn`t too flavorful though....and I am pretty sure Ostrich meat is illegal....but whatevs. Also, some members were telling us about this food called golfi. It is like a powder that you put in milk, and it is full of...idk..healthy stuff. It is the flour that comes from roasted corn. The husband wanted to give us some, so he gave us each a cup. It didn`t have any milk....and he put some sugar in it to make it sweet. I thought it was a joke...but I slowly ate a cup of corn flour and sugar.......it was....no bueno! Haha. Anyways, I am having lots of fun. I hope you guys have a great week!
Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week:    “This isn`t missionary work. This is missionary fun
-Elder Neil L. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment