Monday, April 18, 2016

Jorge is Baptized!
As you can see.....he was a little nervous! Haha
¡Hola!
I hope that everyone is having a great week! I am doing great! First off....Jorge was baptized!!! This last Thursday we had his baptismal service. He was super nervous, and I saw him silently praying while we were waiting for everyone to arrive. I felt prompted that I should go over, and offer a prayer with him, to help him calm down. The baptismal service went very well. The missionaries in our zone prepared a special musical number, and Jorge started crying when we started singing. Despite his nerves, the baptism went great. However, the water was a little chilly....Haha. Then, yesterday, he was confirmed a member of the church and recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost. Over the past little while that I have been teaching him, I have seen a change in him. The gospel really can change lives! Yesterday, I also had the opportunity to speak in sacrament, and then help teach Principals of the Gospel....Man, they are working the missionaries here. Haha.

My companion and I are working....walking...a lot. Knocking doors and making contacts has been great.This last week I was able to go on two inter-cambios, so I was able to get to know my Zone leader Elder Mitchell from California, and another missionary named Elder Rodriguez from Peru a lot better. I tried some Peruvian food, which was super good! English class is going good. However, I don´t know if my students are learning....It is a very slow process...Haha. All they can remember is how to say "I like Tango"....which isn´t the most useful phrase.

¡Que Tengan una bunea semana!
-Elder Vanderlinden
Quote of the week: "When we obey God´s commandments and involve him in our plans, we become who we need to become-not who we thought we wanted to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment