Monday, April 11, 2016


Jefferson (a recent convert who baptized a friend) me and Silver

Me and Silver just messing around!

¡No es changa la cosa!

BAPTISM!  This last Saturday, I had the opportunity to baptize a 19 year old named Silver Perez. He is a super nice kid, and we get along really well. He loves basketball, and joking around. I have been helping him keep up with his goals for his baptism date, and because we have always been honest with each other, he asked that I baptize him. I was super excited! It was the first time I have ever baptized someone in my life. I was a little nervous, but as soon as I stepped into the water, my fears seemed to melt away. As I preformed the ordinance, it was incredible to think that when he came up out of the water...he was completely clean, free of all sins and worries. I felt so peaceful and happy. Our Heavenly Father doesn´t just want us to feel this joy and peace at our baptisms, he wants us to feel it all the time. It was a great experience.

Then, the next day at church, my companion and I were sitting in the congregation, and with seconds notice, they announced that we would be confirming 3 people members of the church, and giving them the gift of the Holy Ghost. Once again, that was a first for me. I have never preformed an ordinance like that before, but I didn´t feel nervous at all. As I put my hands on their head, I was completely calm, and I did my best to follow the promptings of the Spirit. What an amazing weekend, and what an amazing opportunity.

Other news--Jorge our investigator stopped smoking! His baptismal date is this Thursday. ¡Vamos arriba! 

Also, a less active member loaned us a guitar…so I have been learning how to play!

I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for supporting me on my mission.
-Elder Vanderlinden


Quote of the week ¨God does notice us, and he watches over us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs¨- Ensign Dec. 1974

No comments:

Post a Comment