Monday, April 4, 2016



My New Zone!

Hola! 

Conference weekend! I just want to start off by saying that I loved conference. If any of you didn´t get a chance to watch it, I highly recommend that you go back and do so! The messages are inspired to help everyone individually. It is amazing!

Anyways, this week, I got a new companion. His name is Elder Santa Cruz, and he is from San Antonio, Chile. He is tall, chubby, and for the last 20 months of his mission, I don´t think he has stopped sweating. Haha. He is super loud, and super funny. He knows a ton about the scriptures, and teaches very well. He is very ¨flexible with the rules,” which we are going to have to work on a little, haha. However, overall he is a great person. We get along really well, and he is becoming a really good friend to me.

This week was filled with a few crazy experiences. One of them was that Elder Leaño forgot to set the alarm one of the nights, that was supposed to wake us up, so he could catch his 6 hour bus ride to the city. We woke up with minutes to spare, and as we were driving to the terminal, the bus left...... so he missed his bus to leave the city..... at midnight. However, our taxi driver was able to somehow beat the bus to one of its stops....Yeah...he drove really fast. Haha

This week, I am pretty short for time, so I can´t write that much, but I will try to include some more details, and some pictures next week. As for the work, our investigator Jorge, is having a lot of problems to stop smoking.....so sadly, he won´t be ready to be baptized this Saturday....but we are going to keep working with him, and hopefully we can make some progress. I love you all, and thank you for your support! 

-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote- “When you´re on the right path, it will always be uphill.”  President Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment