Monday, February 1, 2016

At the mall e-mailing home.
Me and my companion on the bus.

¡Hola! Este semaña fue muy ocupado.

I hope that everyone is doing well. This week flew by pretty quick. This week I had a inter-cambio, where I went and stayed in another area in our mission. It was super fun to see a different area. While we were returning to the house, one of the neighbors stopped us and started talking to us. We asked if we could come in and talk to him. We talked about the restoration of the gospel, and taught him about the Book of Mormon. He accepted everything extremely well, and I was able to share my thoughts about the Book of Mormon. Every time I share my testimony about the Book of Mormon, it makes me realize how key it is in our lives. It can answer all of our questions, and calm our troubled minds. When we left, he promised that he would read it. I was so happy! He was what is called a ¨Golden Investigator¨. It is a shame it wasn´t in my area though.....Haha. 

This week we organized another soccer game on the church’s field. There were a ton of people that showed up! We had 17 people that wanted to play soccer. It was a great opportunity to get to know the youth in the area, and make friends. Most of the kids were around 18 years old....so as you can imagine....my comp and I got wrecked in soccer. I don´t know why....but even the smallest kids can destroy us in soccer...Haha. It was super fun though.

Anyways, this week was great. We are still doing our hardest to look for new investigators and get references, but I am confident that if we keep working hard and do our part, then the Lord will do his part. Sometimes, the days feel long, sometimes, the weeks are slow.....but even just a glimpse of success....makes you forget all of the bad, and just think about the good. I love the work, and I am learning to love the people. 

I hope you all have a great week! I love you guys!
-Elder Vanderlinden

"Real Difficulties can be overcome, its only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable"

-Theodore N. Vail


No comments:

Post a Comment