Monday, February 8, 2016

The Montevideo Temple

Eating ice cream again, with the other Elders.

Estoy moriendo con CALOR,

This week flew by....and man was it crazy! I want to start off by sharing a very interesting experience that I had. So this week we were talking to a few future investigators, while they were working on their house. We were explaining what a mission is, because they had a lot of questions. Then they began to ask about the church`s standards and views on drugs. “Do you guys smoke weed?”….."No...of course not,”  we answered. The man paused.... and said, “Follow me.” We followed him around the corner.....and then he showed us a large garden....overflowing....with weed...not weeds…..WEED! We haven`t made much progress with him yet. Haha

This week my companion and I had the opportunity to have a lesson with the President of the Montevideo West Mission. One of his recent converts lives in our ward, so we went to have a lesson with all of them. When we got to the house, President Smith asked Johnathon what he wanted to learn about. Johnathon said that he wanted to learn about the Priesthood. President Smith then turned, and said, "Perfect, the Elders are going to teach you." Then we walked in the front room where we were greeted by practically the whole family, and two youth from the area, who were invited to sit in on the lesson..that my comp and I were teaching, in front of a mission President.......Haha. We started off a little bit slow, but then the spirit completely took over. The lesson went amazing, and the spirit was extremely strong. President  Smith complimented me and said that my Spanish was incredible. I am confident that the only reason I was able to speak so well, was because of the gift of tongues. President then started helping us teach, and it went even better. What a great experience.

I hope all of you have a great week.
Elder Vanderlinden


Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved” -Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment