Monday, January 25, 2016

The city in the background.

Remember how everyone wears crocs? Haha

¡Hola! ¿Como an dan todos?
This week was a lot of hard work! I don´t think I have ever walked so far in my life. Right now we are walking around 15 miles each day!!!!! My new companion and I are getting along really well. This week was full of ups and downs. We were able to go to the temple as a zone this week, and it was an amazing experience. It was super spiritual, and we all felt great. We were making very good progress with our investigators, and a few of them accepted to be baptized on the 13th of next month. Then, on Sunday, we anxiously waited for our two families of investigators to show up to church.....but they never came...I was surprised! We contacted both of the families individually, and they said that they weren´t ready, and that they wanted to wait to hear the gospel......which was super disappointing.

I have been thinking about that a lot lately.....and I am beginning to realize how different the Lords time is from our time. Sometimes we want something ¨NOW¨, like I wanted these families to be baptized, but in the end, the Lord knows what is best for us.

 We had a missionary conference this week, and I learned that as missionaries, we bring the gospel all the way to the persons heart, then the Holy Ghost will put the message into their heart. However, in the end, it is their choice to accept it, or not.

I hope you all have a great week! Love you guys!
-Elder Vanderlinden


Quote of the week- ¨Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - Not  absense of fear¨ --Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment