Tuesday, February 28, 2017


Goodbye Norte Zone

Norte---->Maroñas

CAMBIOS! This week is change week! I am leaving my area here in Norte and headed to a zone called Maroñas, Belloni. Apparently…….
I am currently in the 2nd most dangerous area in the mission.....Barrio 13 Norte, and there is only 1 place more dangerous...Belloni! Haha. 
I am super excited though! My new companion’s name is Elder Peterson, and he is a Piano Wiz. He played when Elder Stevenson from the Quorum of theTwelve Apostles came. (Just so ya know how good he is). I am hoping that he can teach me some of his skills. Anyways, for the first time in my mission, I am headed to a house with 4 Elders, which should be a blast. We are living with the AP´s and they are some of my best buds, not to mention that my new comp is a good friend of mine. I am beyond excited!

The Zone that we will be in charge of is one of the hardest working zones in the mission, and the people that are there are really humble, and there are many people prepared to learn about the gospel. 
My time here in Norte has been really good. It has been filled with ups and downs, and I have learned a lot. When I stayed here last change, I asked myself why I was staying in my area, when I felt like I had found all the people I was supposed to...Turns out, I was here one more change to learn patience. This last week in church an investigator named Damian came and he really enjoyed the meeting. Tomorrow he is going to get a marriage date, get married and then be baptized. Patience pays off!

Have a good week everyone!
-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week:
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means." -Albert Einstein

Quote from last week: "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment