Monday, November 7, 2016

My new zone 
Helga and Gheronimo get baptized

Me, Helga, Elder Ward, and Elder Cole


¡Hola!
Wow! What a hot week. So apparently I don`t tan very well....I just burn. Haha. Anyways, this past week we had the opportunity to meet with President and listen to his plans for the mission. It was awesome to be able to hear his inspired vision and put down some goals to be able to accomplish it. Then, later in the week, Elder Molina and I had the opportunity to train the zone based off of the vision that President had conveyed to us. It was super fun. Other than that, this week has been pretty difficult. Elder Molina and I have been walking a lot. We had our days full of futures, and lesson after lesson kept falling through. However, we just kept walking and trying. On Sunday, we were dragging our feet a little bit and we tried to make one last push to end off the week. We knocked on a futures door and the husband said "You can come in if you want, but I am already telling you....you are wasting your time.” We entered and just started testifying and sharing about the importance of family. We asked if we could say a prayer with them and when we ended, the mother of the family was in tears. It was a great experience, because after a harrrd week, we had finally found some people ready to receive the gospel. 

I also had the opportunity to travel to my old area to see my Oro Elder Ward and his new comp, Elder Cole. Two of the investigators that I had the opportunity to teach were baptized this last Saturday! It was an amazing baptism and I’m grateful I could be there.

Also this week...
I got eaten alive by mosquitos during a lesson. My comp and I were trying to slap them away as much as we could, but they killed me.....we also looked like fools because like every ten seconds we were slapping ourselves….Haha. Also, a drunk man stopped us in the street and explained to us that he had just had surgery and lifted up his shirt to show us his scars. There was a bag connected to a hole in his stomach...and the bag had like his organs in it or something. It was super messy....it almost made my comp and I sick.....I am pretty sure he did home surgery…..YUCK! Haha. 

Have a great week everyone!
Cuidensenlon,
-Elder Vanderlinden



Quote of the week: “The Lord will shape the back to bear the burden that is placed on it.” - President Thomas S. Monson

1 comment:

  1. That's my Elder! So glad they met! :) Love all your son's stories haha!
    ~Jaycie Cole

    ReplyDelete