Monday, July 18, 2016



With my companion at the conference.

This p-day we went to the horse track. My horse didn't make me any money.  Haha


Todos los borachos me buscan!

Hello everyone, 
I hope that you all had a great week. This week was great down here in Uruguay. However, it was super rainy. The rain here is super cold. It isn`t the kind of rain that you want to run and splash around in, it is the kind of rain that makes you want to die! Haha...just kidding.

This week we had the opportunity to have interviews with President Eddy. It was a great opportunity to get to know him a little more personally. He is an extremely wise and focused person. I think that he is going to be good at helping the mission. He talked a lot about the importance of the Book of Mormon. It has caused me to do a lot of reflecting on how I use the Book of Mormon in my life. The Book of Mormon is the key to our religion. We constantly hear that it contains all of the answers to our questions...but we need to open it up and read it to find them. We need to "act" in order to receive the guidance we seek. I hope that you are all making time to read the Book of Mormon everyday!! I have tried to apply my knowledge of the Book of Mormon this week, and looked to use it more when teaching. It has payed off! Our investigators are progressing rather well, and we are helping Gloris get ready for her Baptism this Saturday.

Also..I don`t know why...but this week...a ton of drunk people tried to talk to me. I must have been an easy target or something, because all of them were looking for someone to rant to.

Other than that, the time is flying by! I am having fun!
Have a great week everyone,
-Elder Vanderlinden

P.S.- In case you were wondering…. cow tongue taste like ham, but with a creamy....slightly gritty texture!

Quote of the week: “The Lord loves each of us too much to merely let us go on being what we now are, for he knows what we have the possibility to become.”

No comments:

Post a Comment