Monday, July 25, 2016

Gloris get's baptized!

Not sure if Enrique even wanted to
get married! Haha
Enrique and Ester












Noche Blanca!

This week was awesome! First off, Gloris got baptized! It was such a great experience. Our zone decided to do the baptisms together and have a “White Night.” There were a couple of complications...the first being that the water wasn´t warm. As we filled up the font, the water filling it up seemed super hot, but I guess that all of the hot water stayed on the top, and the rest got cold. As the investigators stepped into the water, the first step was warm and I guess the rest were pretty freezing...Haha. Oops! Gloris loved her baptism and she told us that she felt like a new person, and that she felt loved. She told us that everything was perfect, and beautiful. She even shared her testimony with everyone after and said that she wants to go around telling everyone about her baptism, because she wants the whole world to be baptized!

Also this week, we went to the government building to help Enrique and Ester get married. It was quite the adventure to bring them to the government building, considering that they rarely leave their house. My companion and I went to get some change to pay for the cost and when we ran back, Ester was alone, and yelled, ¨He escaped!  Brothers! Enrique escaped!” Enrique was a decent distance away...walking in the middle of the train tracks. Why you ask? Because he was looking for a bathroom. Haha.....I never want to get old. 

Anyways, this week was great! I am working hard, and I am loving the work. I am learning and changing a lot. I hope everyone had a good 24th of July.
I love you all,
-Elder Vanderlinden

Food of the week: Boar! Slightly stinky taste. I wouldn´t recommend it. Haha

Quote of the week:- “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too. ----My man,- Will Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment