Monday, July 4, 2016

My attempt at being patriotic! 

Happy 4th of July!

I hope that everyone enjoys the fireworks. I am sure I will see a few tonight, but normally its just exploding trash from people lighting fires in the street. Haha.

This week was great! First off, our new mission President arrived with his family. They are super amazing people. President Eddy is like 6 6, completely bald, and super ripped. When I welcomed him to the mission he grabbed my shoulders and made me feel like a small child. Haha. His Spanish is super good, and he is a really good public speaker. He already established some rules and cleaned up the mission a little bit, and he listened to our ideas of how we wanted him to be as a President. It was a great conference. 

This week we focused a lot on contacting. We were blessed with a lot of good futures, and I am excited for the upcoming week. We put a baptismal date on the 23rd with our investigator named Gloris. She is gold. I am really excited to help her prepare for her baptism.

That about sums up my week...Oh, and an old man threatened to call the cops on us for knocking on his door at 8:30 at night.....so that was a little strange. Haha.

Anyways, I am doing great. I love Uruguay…..but I love America more.
Murica!
Que tengan una buena semana. Chau
-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week: “Those who live in the past, don`t have much of a future.”
Quote from last week: “If you are not willing to risk the unusual you will have to settle for the ordinary.”


No comments:

Post a Comment