Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The tree to the side of Obilia's house looks like the tree of life.

This is Obilia. Super cute!
¡Hola Amigos!


Changes!! I can`t believe how fast these last six weeks have passed by. I have learned a lot from my companion, and I will be sad to see him go. I am going to be staying here in Las Piedras for the next change. My new companion's name is Elder Cruz. He is from Peru. It seems like they are giving me a companion from every country in South America. Haha. I don`t know him at all, but I am excited to meet him.

The past few days we had stake conference, which went super well. The messages were extremely good, and I learned a lot. Lately, I am learning a lot about patience. Patience with the work, with my companions, and with myself. It is helping me a lot. I am doing great, and I am loving the work.

Our investigators are progressing, slowly, but they are getting there. This last week we knocked a lot of doors, and we actually found a decent amount of futures. I am excited for the future, and to work with a new companion.

My companion and I have been running around to all of the members and investigators so that he can tell them goodbye, and it has honestly been tons of fun. Before he left, he wanted to share his testimony with all of them, and he was able to speak to them very sincerely and directly because he is leaving. Other than that, President Cook is leaving this week, and we are getting a new mission President. President Cook has taught me a ton, and I always be grateful for what I have learned from him and his wife. 

I have heard that my new comp is very interesting......so this next week I should have some....very interesting stories.....Haha, Like I said. The Lord is teaching me to be patient. 


I hope that you all have a great week!
-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week "Its never too late to be what you might have been" -George Eliot.

No comments:

Post a Comment