Monday, March 14, 2016

I teach an English class on Saturdays.

6 Months!!!
It is crazy to think that I already hit 6 months in my mission. Thinking back on everything that has happened....it has definitely been the busiest 6 months of my life, but honestly, I love it!

This week...I am pretty sure my companion and I found every ¨Hater¨ of the church that lives in Uruguay. Haha. To say we were rejected a lot, would be a understatement. Everyone was looking to argue with us, and tell us why they thought that the church wasn´t true. However; every time that someone rejected us, I left with a stronger testimony. It was an amazing opportunity, to share my testimony of the truth. My companion and I would boldly testify of something that we know to be true....and then they would go off on some crazy rant, and completely disregard what we had just said. Every-time that we walked away, I wasn´t disappointed, I wasn´t sad, I didn´t feel bad for myself...In fact, I walked away happy, and proud to be a member of this church.

So this week, my companion and I had to teach the law of chastity to one of our investigators....The law of chastity, has to be one of the most awkward lessons for two 18 year old boys to teach to a 50 year old man. My companion tried to compare the law of chastity to a delicious sandwich.....The example that he used, was so dumb...and I wanted to laugh sooo bad. I bit my tongue, and tried to think of sad thoughts, to avoid laughing during this serious moment....but my companion continued with this super dumb example, and then he turned to me to give me a opportunity to speak. At this point, I was biting my entire lip, smiling, trying super hard not to laugh. They were both staring at me for a few seconds, and there was a really awkward silence. Then the investigator just started giggling, and I just turned the teaching back to my companion, without saying a word. Haha. It was probably one of the most awkward lesson of my mission. 

Also this week, I went to Rio Branco on the border of Brazil, to help some of the missionaries with their area. It was super cool to travel, and to see what their area is like. It is amazing to see how the gospel affects every part of the world.

Have a great week everyone!

¨Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out."
-John Wooden

¿Ete....como es?
-Elder Vanderlinden

No comments:

Post a Comment