Monday, February 29, 2016


Me and my new companion Elder Leano
¡Faa el tiempo pasa tan rapido!

I made it to my new area! This last week was pretty insane. On Wednesday night I got to my new area, Melo Sentinario B, and met my new companion Elder Leaño. He is from Bolivia. He is a very nice...very strange person. Haha. However, we get along well, and we teach together well. The next day we went to work. My new area is sooo different, there are rolling fields filled with cows and horses. The people here are suuuper layed back.The next day, we hopped on the 6 hour bus ride to return to Montevideo for a multi mission conference. We arrived at 6 o´clock and at 7:30…..Elder Bednar walked in. Elder Bednar spoke to us, and it was absolutely amazing! The spirit was so strong, and he taught so well. Then, he allowed missionaries to ask him questions. He answered all of the questions perfectly, and shared some incredible stories. It was a great conference. However, it ended at 10 o´clock at night....so we boarded the buses....and drove back to Melo. We arrived at 4 A.M, went to bed....and then woke up at 6:30 A.M. and went about our day, after only having slept for two hours. Surprisingly...I was not tired at all. I know that the Lord definitely helped me out.

Anyways, this week has been pretty crazy, but super fun. I really enjoy my new area so far, and my new companion, and it seems like this area has some really good investigators. I am glad to be here! 
-Elder Vanderlinden


Quote of the week: “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The Optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”- Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment