Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Holding a Mate cup when no one was looking! 

Visiting some members. She is not mad, just really old!
Brazil Mission? 
Hello everyone! This week is transfer week! I am leaving Montevideo and going to a city called Melo. It is the Zone farthest North in our mission, and our zone touches Brazil! On P-days, the zone goes to Brazil! I am super excited, and it should be super unique. Tomorrow, I am going to hop on a 6 hour bus ride, and then I am going to meet my new companion. I don´t know much about him yet...so..that will be fun. He is a Latino, so hopefully that will help my Spanish out a lot, however, because I will be so close to Brazil, I may have to learn a little Portuguese. The people in Melo sometimes speak a mix of Spanish and Portuguese. 
I am a little nervous, but super excited to see my new area. However, I am also really sad to leave the area that I am in. To start out, I had some difficulties with the ward, and some of the members, because they didn´t support the missionaries very much, but over time I have grown to love them. It was a great area to start my mission. It was very difficult here, but that taught me a lot.

I hope that everyone has a great week! I will include some more details on my area, and my new companion next week...but as for right now....I know nothing. Haha

!Que pasa bien!
-Elder Vanderlinden


Quote of the Week- To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe. -Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment