Monday, January 4, 2016

My mom told me to buy myself a Christmas present since my packages did not come, SO.....I bought a soccer jersey! Here I am sunburned and sweaty....pretty much how I am every day, except  in a suit and tie.

¡Hola!
I hope that everyone had a great New Years! Mine was tons of fun! We got invited to a New Years party with a less active family. We were super excited, but then we received another phone call inviting us to another New Years party of another less active family....Sooo, we went to both. Haha. We went to the first party and they started feeding us all kinds of treats. It is very disrespectful to not eat what you are given...so my companion and I ate a ton of candy, and sweets. It was getting kind of late, so we scooted out of that party, and literally ran to the other party. Now, at this point, you can imagine that I didn´t feel very good....having eaten a ton of treats, and then sprinting to another house. When we got there, they had a huge table covered with food, which they started to give us....again, and again.... I was literally soo full, I thought I was going to die! They were making a traditional food called ¨Asado¨ which is kind of like barbecue, but they don´t cook it directly over the fire, just over the coals. After that was finished cooking, they passed around a plate of this ¨Mystery meat¨ and everyone was eating it. It looked really weird to me, but they were all yelling at me to eat it, so I popped it in my mouth. When I bit into it, it popped in my mouth....almost like a gusher.....I struggled to swallow it. This ¨Mystery Meat¨ is called Chingchuling....which is cow intestines......filled with the stomach fluid.... Next, I tried Morshisho, which looks like a sasuage....which it is...but it is a blood sasuage...It is made of Cow and Pig blood that is cooked, then funneled into sasuage tubes.......ick. Yeah...I didn´t feel very good for New Years. However, the fireworks were amazing! Elder Fonseca and I went to the 10th floor of our building to watch like we did on Christmas, and it was amazing!

As for the mission work, it is going great. We have 4 investigators that are very promising. The first one´s name is Fabio. He is 26, and he is super open to listening about religion. He is super friendly, and he received our lesson extremely well. He is extremely smart, and he understands what we say really well. He accepted to be being baptized, but we haven´t put a date with him yet.  Our second promising investigator is named Blanca. She is almost 50 years old, and her son Jonathan, is 21 years old, and he is a recent convert to the church. He told us to stop by his house, and talk with him and his mom. His mother, Blanca, accepted our invitation to be baptized, but she said she needs to go slow so she can understand clearly. Our other two are named Christian, and Ernesto. The leader of mission work for our ward had Christian over for family home evening, and we were able to teach him the restoration. He committed to read the BOM and pray to know if it was true. The other is Ernesto, and If I am being honest....he is crazy. Haha. We had like a 2 hour conversation with him, and he started going off about how the Aliens established the Mayan culture.....and then he explained his theory of time.......but, we were able to share a little of our message with him… planting seeds.
I am happy! I am healthy! I am ready to work! I love you all!

-Elder Vanderlinden

Quote of the week:

¨Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we´ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.¨

No comments:

Post a Comment