Monday, May 8, 2017



This is my Zone


¿Que te iba a decir?
This week was pretty solid. We had an interview conference and it was awesome. It is always a privilege to listen to President Eddy and to hear what he has been influenced to speak to us on. I enjoy having a mission President that works so closely with us.

This week passed by really quickly. I went on a change with Elder Richmond, and it was fun to work with him because he has been a friend of mine since nearly the beginning of my mission. We visited a family that he is currently teaching. It always makes me grateful for what I have when I see people that are living in such humble circumstances. I like to hope that the mission has taught me to be more grateful for what I have, and to make the best out of it. 

Funny story: A little while ago we went to visit a man named Miguel. He offered to say the closing prayer. He said it in a very quiet voice. We could just kind of hear him mumbling a few words. It was really hard to hear what he was saying and then out of nowhere he just stopped talking....We waited in silence for him to continue for like 30 seconds...Then I started peeking to see what was happening, and he was just sitting there...and his eyes were slightly watering...so I just assumed he was feeling the spirit and having a special moment. I closed my eyes and waited, and after like 30 more seconds, I opened up my eyes again. My companion opened up his eyes also and we were just staring at Miguel waiting for him to talk. He was staring off in the distance and then he looked at us and said, “I am sorry if you didn’t like my prayer because it was so short.” We then realized that he had said,  "Amen," and ended his prayer, but we hadn`t heard him and had just been sitting there with our eyes closed. We had a good laugh about that. 

I am doing great down here. I have been eating a lot of yummy food lately. My companion wants to learn how to make some local dishes before he goes home, so some members are showing us how to cook! 
I hope that you all are doing well!
The church is true!
-Elder Vanderlinden

"Good things come to those who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them."

-?

No comments:

Post a Comment